OneRooftop allows you to set up promotions using discount codes which your guests can enter on the booking request page.
To begin, go to your Property Settings > Rates > Discount Codes (just below Taxes and Fees) > Click Add Discount Code.
In the pop-up window, enter your discount settings.
- Label: This is visible to the guest and appears on the reservation request page.
- Code: The text your guest enters in the discount code field upon checkout (this is case sensitive).
- Flat or Percent: Choose how to reduce the price (taken off nightly accommodations, not reservation total)
- Amount: The flat or percentage amount for the discount (do not enter a $ sign).
- Advanced - Use limit: The box is unchecked by default, meaning there is no limit to the number of times the code can be used. Uncheck the box and enter a specific amount of times the discount code may be used.
- Advanced - Start/End date: Specify the dates of booking that the code is valid (optional). The discount code field will only be present on the booking request form if the current date (meaning the day the guest is making the reservation) is within this range. This does not apply to the check-in/out dates.
Reminders and other things to note:
- Discount codes must be added to each property individually.
- Discounts are applied to the nightly rate (accommodations) only, not the reservation total.
- Codes are case sensitive.
- Each code for a property must be unique. You may not use duplicate codes for different sets of dates.
- Clearing a discount from a specific reservation will update the number of discount codes remaining if you have chosen to set a limit within your promotion.
- If you set a date range that applies to your discount, only reservations that are created within that timeframe will be eligible for a discount. The promo code field will not appear on the reservation request form if today's date is not within the date range restrictions. If you would like to discount rates for specific reservation dates, you can either update your property rates or add a discount to a specific reservation.