If you manage multiple properties, sometimes it is necessary to move a guest's reservation from one property to another. To make this type of update to a reservation, follow the steps below.
1. Go to your Reservation List > Choose the reservation in question by clicking the green pencil icon.
2. In the Reservation Info Section click "Edit."
3. Click the "Property" drop-down menu and select a new property.
4. Save your changes.
When you save your changes, you will receive the following warning message asking you to confirm. Click "Save and Reload" to continue.
- Please note that changing the property will cause the reservation to "reload" with the new property's default settings (specifically rates).
- Reloading the property also clears the guest's electronic signature, so you will need to have them sign again by sending a "confirmation link." See how to here.
- If you have added a discount to the reservation or customized pricing in any other way, you will be required to re-add the discount or re-adjust the rates.
- Any payments already made on the reservation will remain with the reservation and be applied towards the new total.
- There may be a balance if the new property's rates are higher than the original property that was booked. You can easily charge the guest's card on file for the difference. See how to here.
- If the new balance is less than the original and the guest has overpaid, you can issue the guest a refund. See how to here.