This help guide provides an overview of how to flag your email templates as marketing or non-marketing in compliance with GDPR. To begin, please be sure you have Enabled GDPR settings in your Account Settings page.
Part 1: Flag Email Templates as Marketing or Non-Marketing
1. Determine if you use OneRooftop for email marketing. Even though OneRooftop is not designed as an email marketing specifically, we understand some of customers use our scheduled message templates to send promotional calls to actions or special offers.
If you are sending additional marketing to guests you will need to flag these emails as marketing in order to comply with GDPR.
2. Proceed to your property’s messaging tab. To do so, go to Property > Edit Property (green pencil icon) > Messaging > Guest Communication Templates.
3. The only templates you will be flagging will be under the “Guest Communication Templates” Heading.
Please note: not all emails can be flagged. Any of the default auto-responders cannot be flagged. Emails that CANNOT be flagged are:
- Booking Confirmation
- Inquiry Confirmation
- Pending Approval
- Booking Request Declined
- Updated Balance
- Ask a Question
- Send Invoice
- Rental Agreement Confirmation
To comply with GDPR, please be sure these emails do not have promotional marketing materials in them.
4. To flag a template, click the green “Edit” button to the right of the template.
- You will see a field called “Email Type”.
- You can determine if the template either Marketing or Non-Marketing.
5. Click Save.
6. Continue this process for all properties.
This help guide provides an overview of how guests can opt in to marketing on your booking engine. To begin, please be sure you have Enabled GDPR settings in your Account Settings page.
1. Enable Marketing Opt-in checkbox on the OneRooftop booking engine.
- To do so, log in to your OneRooftop account and click “Account” on the left hand menu. Scroll to the bottom of the page. You will find a field that says:
- “Show the option to opt-in or opt-out of the marketing content during booking process”
- If you choose no, then you’re done. If you choose yes, you can customize content about what kind of marketing the guest is opting in to.
2. In the text are provided, please explain to guests what they are opting in to. On the booking engine Guests will need to select YES or NO answers. Please ask for their consent with a Yes or No Question.
3. OneRooftop provided default text that will appear as the YES or NO options on the booking engine. You can use this text or modify them as needed. Please do not obfuscate whether the answer is yes or no, as this may mislead the guest.
4. Click Save.