OneRooftop does not automatically send guests reminders when payment is due, regardless of what you have set in your payment schedule. You can quickly create a scheduled message that will be sent to your guest when their next payment is due.
1. Log in to the OneRooftop Admin. Go to Properties > Messaging
2. Click Add on the top right
3. Scroll down to Predefined Messages and select "Send Payment Reminder." This message template includes a payment link.
4. Click "Load"
5. Enter a number in the "When to Send" field. For example, if the final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival, enter 30 in the space provided. Or, you can choose to send it a few days early.
Feel free to make any other changes to the body of the message. If you're not familiar with HTML code, try using this tool here that converts plain text to HTML.
6. When you're finished editing the message click Save at the bottom. This will automatically set the message template to enabled.
Making sure messages are queued
Your new message template will apply to new reservations going forward, not any existing upcoming reservations. You will need to manually queue these messages, but it is very easy to do.
Scheduled messages are automatically queued when a guest makes an initial payment through the website or payment link. Manually added reservations will require manually queueing as well.
1. Find the reservation you want to edit and click the pencil icon next to it
2. Scroll down to Scheduled Messages
3. Click Add - you will be asked to confirm
Your message is now queued and ready to send on the scheduled date. To make changes, delete, or preview the message click edit next to it.