Stripe is fully integrated with your vacation rental website and comes with a wide variety of functions, allowing you to manage your entire vacation rental business in one place. It eliminates the hassle of setting up third-party payment gateways and/or merchant account and having to put credentials into OneRooftop.
Stripe is the simplest way to accept payments online and is currently supported in 44 countries. Here is the list of countries your bank may be based in. Here is the list of currencies you may accept, depending on which country you are based in.
1. Log in to your OneRooftop Admin. Go to Account > Payments
2. Click Add Merchant Account.
3. Choose Stripe from the drop-down menu.
4. Add a label for your own internal use (for example: TahoeStripe).
5. Choose whether you will be linking an existing Stripe account or creating a new account from the drop-down menu.
6. You will be redirected to Stripes account application page.
7. Submit your application to Stripe.
8. Await approval. You will receive an email with your Stripe user name and password once you are approved.
9. After you are approved, log in to your OneRooftop Admin and go to Account > Payments. The Application Status should now be listed as Complete.
Connect your merchant account to your property
You're almost there! All you need to do is connect your merchant account to your property. If you have multiple properties, you can do a mass update.
1. Go to Account > Payments
2. For single property users, click the green pencil icon next to the property name.
3. In the pop-up window, select the name of your merchant and click save.
4. For multiple properties, click the check box next to "bulk update" near the top. Then click "bulk update."
5. In the pop-up window select field to update: Merchant.
6. Select the name of your merchant and click update.
We also recommend running a small test charge to make sure everything is functioning as expected.