Every OneRooftop website comes equipped with a powerful booking engine which will allow you to accept payments based on the rates and fees you specify.
Travelers now expect to have the ability to pay for their accommodations online. With OneRooftop, you have the ability to offer them that convenience.
To begin accepting payments through the website you will need to have a payment gateway and merchant account to process the transactions. A payment gateway is a service that allows you to accept credit card payments securely online through your OneRooftop vacation rental website.
OneRooftop is integrated with Stripe and Braintree. If you already have an account with either, you can connect it directly to OneRooftop. Otherwise you can create a new account from inside your OneRooftop admin panel.
Stripe is fully integrated with your vacation rental website and comes with a wide variety of functions, allowing you to manage your entire vacation rental business in one place. It eliminates the hassle of setting up third-party payment gateways and/or merchant account and having to put credentials into OneRooftop.
Stripe is the simplest way to accept payments online and is currently supported in 25 countries. Here is the list of countries your bank may be based in. Here is the list of currencies you may accept, depending on which country you are based in.
1. Log in to your OneRooftop Admin. Go to Account > Payments
2. Click Add Merchant Account.
3. Choose Stripe from the drop-down menu.
4. Add a label for your own internal use (for example: TahoeStripe).
5. Choose whether you will be linking an existing Stripe account or creating a new account from the drop-down menu.
6. You will be redirected to Stripes account application page.
7. Submit your application to Stripe.
8. Await approval. You will receive an email with your Stripe user name and password once you are approved.
9. After you are approved, log in to your OneRooftop Admin and go to Account > Payments. The Application Status should now be listed as Complete.
10. IMPORTANT! Associate your newly created merchant account to your property by clicking the green pencil next to the property and selecting the merchant name from the drop-down menu. Click save. If you skip this step, guests will not be able to submit payment through your website.
To update multiple properties at once, check the boxes on the left and click Bulk Update.
11. Congratulations! You can now start accepting credit cards - Visa, Mastercard and Amex - through your vacation rental website.
We recommend running a small test charge to make sure everything functions as expected.
Need to add multiple Stripe accounts? No problem! Click here for instructions.