A hyperlink is when you see text on a web page that can be clicked because it is actually a link to a new page!
There are two ways to create a link on your page. First you need to ask yourself what your text editor looks like.
1. Do you see a toolbar?
This is text editor is called a WYSIWYG (Wizzy Wig). If you highlight a piece of text, you can click the button that looks like a chain link.
Click this button and add the URL you want to link to in the field provided that says URL.
There is also a keyboard shortcut. You can hold down ctrl+k (cmd+k on Mac). You can then add a URL.
2. How to manually add a hyperlink using html
If you are adding a hyperlink to your propertys description, there is no wyziwyg. To add one, you will need to add a little html tag around the link and the text you wish to guests to click.
Not a coder? Me neither. You can follow this model:
<a href="ADD URL BETWEEN QUOTE MARKS">Clickable Text</a>
- Feel free to copy this whole piece of code and paste into your property description.
- Swap out the text between quote marks with the URL you want to link to.
- Where it says Clickable Text, delete this. Make the text say whatever youd like.
- Sometimes its good to make that clickable text say Click Here or some other call to action.
- You can also make it clickable in a text.
Want to learn more? Check out the w3schools for awesome html tips and tricks.
Do you love OneRooftop? Like us on Facebook. Click Here.