Easily split up payments between the time a guest books and when the guest actually checks in. All reservations will default to the payment schedule you have set in the property settings. If needed, you can adjust your payment schedule for a specific reservation.
1. Log into the reservation you wish to edit. Click the Rates & Fees tab.
2. Scroll down to the Payment Schedule section. The property's default payment schedule will appear here if you already have it set.
3. To make changes, click on the green amount to the right.
4. A window will pop up allowing you to edit the label, whether or not approval is required, if its a flat or percent amount, the value, when its due, etc.
5. Click Save to confirm your changes, Delete to remove the payment schedule altogether, or Close to cancel.
6. To add an additional payment schedule, click Add and fill in the pop-up form.
Percentages are always the percent of the remaining balance. If the first payment is less than 100% of the total, you will need to create an additional payment schedule to collect the remaining balance.
To set up a scheduled payment reminder message, check out our help guide here.
The amount due on the reservation is incorrect. Why?
The first payment has been made, but it's unaccounted for in the remaining balance.
Click on the first payment schedule to edit, and make sure the "Is Paid" option is set to yes. This would have reset if you performed a reservation reload.
The full payment is not due, but it's asking for 100% on the first payment.
Make sure your payment schedule lines are in the right order. The system always reads the top line as the first payment, and the bottom line as the balance, regardless of the amounts entered there. When you click to edit the top line, it should have the "Approval Required" setting visible.
See our guide for setting up the payment schedule in your property settings here.
If you're still having payment schedule issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.