Refunding Credit Card Payments
Log in and go to the reservation in question.
1. Click the green "Actions" button
2. Select "Issue a Refund"
3. Fill in Issue Refund form
- Select which payment you are refunding. If you only have one payment, you can do a partial or full refund.
- Type in the amount you are refunding. Do not use any currency symbols.
- Mark whether it is a security deposit. Security deposit refunds will not affect the balance.
- Add an optional note and click Refund. The note will appear on the receipt generated.
Note: You must select a booking payment in order to issue a refund. You do not have to refund the entire amount, but the booking payment you select must be equal to or greater the amount of the refund you are issuing.
Issuing a refund does not automatically send a confirmation email to your guest, even if you have selected Yes for the 'Generate Receipt' option. You would need to copy and paste the receipt link into a new message, or send the guest a template response. Learn more about emailing guests here.
Refunding Outside Payments
it is not possible to issue a refund for an 'outside payment' in the same manner as you would a credit card payment made directly through OneRooftop. Instead, you would need to delete the payment.
- In the reservation, click 'Rates & Fees'
- Scroll down to 'Payments'
- Click on the amount of the payment
Changing the type of refund
There are two type of refunds:
- Normal: Affects the amount paid/balanced owed.
- Deposit: Does not affect the amount paid/balanced owed.
If you accidentally select the wrong type of refund, you can change it by following these steps.
- In the reservation click 'Rates & Fees'
- Scroll down to payments
- Click the refund amount
- Change the deposit type