Customize pricing for specific reservations by adding a discount. This will apply only to the reservation you are editing and will not affect your property's rates.
1. On your reservation page, click the Rates & Fees tab at the top.
2. Click the Add on the right side of the Accommodations section and select Add Discount.
3. Type a label for the discount (Example: Last Minute).
4. Select whether you will subtract a flat amount or a percentage.
5. Enter an amount.
6. Click Add.
The Subtotal for Accommodations will adjust automatically (Discounts only apply to Accommodations, not the reservation total.). The discount will also display on the receipt for the reservation.
I added a discount to a pending booking request, but it did not change the amount charged. Why?
When guests enter their credit card information on the booking request form, their card details are saved as a token for that exact amount. Applying a discount after they have already submitted their request does not change the amount to be charged on the token.
You have a couple options in the case where the guest has paid:
- Accept the pending request. If they have paid in full, you can issue a refund in a partial amount equal to the amount of the discount. See our guide for refunds here.
- Decline the pending request, then charge the correct amount. Their card details will be saved in the reservation. See our guide for manually charging cards here.
If you decline a pending payment, the guest may receive an automated email that their request was declined. You can disable this message template in the property settings under Messaging.
If the guest has not paid in full, then the discount will be applied to their next payment.