To create a reservation from scratch through OneRooftops admin panel, follow these easy steps.
1. To get started, click Add Reservation in the left-hand navigation.
2. Fill in the form that pops up.
3. Select the property youd like to book.
4. Select Reservation Status:
- Inquiry: This will not block dates on your calendar. You can send the guest an invoice, but their dates will not be confirmed until they have paid.
- Booked: This will block dates on your calendar. Use this status if you have already taken payment or are taking a credit card over the phone.
- Blocked: This will block dates on your calendar. Use this status for dates that are not bookable (example: you need to reserve the dates for family or maintenance).
You will not need to use Cancelled or Pending Approval when creating a new reservation from scratch. Pending Approval is an automated status for when guests submit a booking request. Neither status will block dates on the calendar.
5. Select Reservation Source: There are several listing site options if you are manually entering a reservation taken outside of OneRooftop. This is optional but is a useful feature for reporting.
6. Select the Number of Guests staying.
7. Select Arrival and Departure dates. The Full/Half Day feature will be set to your default. Half days allow same day check outs/ins, and full days do not. You can change this setting under the Calendar tab for this property. Learn more here.
8. Check in and out times will be set as your default. You can make custom changes if necessary for individual reservations. You can change your standard check in and out times under the Rates tab for this property. Learn more here.
9. Click "Show Guest Details" to enter the guest's name and contact information. This is optional at this point, as you'll have a chance to do this once the reservation is created.
10. Click "Show Charge Preview" to make sure everything looks correct.
- Use the Copy button if you want to paste the quote in an email to the guest.
- Click "Add" to move forward with the reservation.
The system will issue a warning in yellow if the reservation does not adhere to your set minimum night stay or if the dates conflict with iCal synced dates for this property. You can make further adjustments or click Confirm Override and Add.
11. You will be brought to a new reservation screen. From here, you can add guest info, adjust rates and take payments.