Synchronize all of your external calendars and make sure all availability information is published, accurate and up-to-date.
Advertising on multiple listing websites and keeping each calendar synchronized can be problematic.The process can quickly become unwieldy and unmanageable. Here are a few listing websites that sync with your OneRooftop property calendar: VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor and Airbnb.
- Log in to the OneRooftop Admin. Go to Properties > Select property to edit > Calendar
- Copy the iCal link from the availability calendars of your other listing site.
- Scroll down to External iCals and click Add.
- Paste the iCal URL in the given field.
- Give it a label, such as VRBO or Airbnb.
- Select a color to represent this calendar (optional).
- Click "Add."
- Click Sync Now. You should see the imported dates in the calendar preview above.
- Repeat steps 2-8 for all other external calendars.
- Half Days Allowed: Leave as enabled to allow same-day check outs/check ins.
- Same-Day Bookings Allowed: Choose whether or not you will allow Same-Day Bookings for this property.
- Booking Widget: Use this link to add a booking widget to a non-OneRooftop website like Wordpress.
Frequently asked questions about Calendar Syncing
Which availability calendars are supported?
The majority of major listing websites support iCal. iCal is a standard computer file format which allows users to share files with an .ics extension. Once you add an iCal link from a 3rd-party source (such as VRBO) to your OneRooftop calendar, any booked dates from the source will also be blocked off on your OneRooftop Calendar.
- HolidayLettings.co.uk (since Feb 2014, subscription listings only)
- HomeAway.de / Fewo-direkt.de
- 9 Flats
- Google Calendar
- Apple Calendar
- Yahoo! Calendar
- Microsoft Outlook (partially)
What should I do if I try to add an iCal and it says it's incompatible?
First, make sure that you have copied the full and correct iCal URL. If it's still not working, email email@example.com so we can troubleshoot or try to make it compatible.
I just received a reservation on an external source. Why isn't it showing up on my OneRooftop calendar?
ICals sync every few hours, so it's not uncommon to not see a new booking appear immediately. You can always use the "Sync Now" button on the calendar tab to manually sync availability. Otherwise, your calendar will sync automatically.
I'm trying to confirm a reservation that starts the same day another one ends. Why won't the system allow me to add it?
Check your half days allowed setting. If it is set to "No" then the start and end dates of your reservations are blocking full days. You may need to edit the half/full day setting within existing reservations in order to add a new back-to-back reservation