You can create customized email notifications that will be sent automatically to your guests after they book, saving you time. You choose specifically when these notifications go out to your guests.
1. Log in to the OneRooftop Admin. Go to Properties > Messaging
2. Click Add on the top right
3. You can start from scratch or choose one of our predefined message templates like Send Payment Reminder, Send Pre-Arrival Details and Send Thank You.
4. Use the drop-down bar (about halfway down the page) to make your selection and click Load. You will then see the preloaded content within the Body and Preview fields.
5. You can also edit the message in the Body field. You will see this text is in HTML. If you are not familiar with editing HTML, you can use this free online converter.
The Message Variables are tags that will be replaced by the actual value in the email. Click the drop-down menu to view the available options.
6. When you're done editing the message, click Update Preview to view your changes. You will also see that the message variables have actual values. For example, %WC_PROPERTY_NAME% is now replaced with the actual property name, Two Bedroom Condo Escape.
7. Make sure the other fields are filled in correctly.
- Name: You can change the name of the message. This if for internal purposes and the guest will not see it.
- Enabled: Messages that are enabled will automatically queue on new reservations with the action of taking/accepting payment.
Leaving the message status as disabled will prevent it from being automatically scheduled on reservations. However, you will still be able to manually send this message by choosing it from the templates dropdown within the reservation messaging flyout. Learn more about guest messaging HERE.
- From Address: This defaults to your OneRooftop login email address. You can change this to any valid email address.
- CC and BCC List: To have this message sent to additional emails addresses, add in these fields, separated by commas.
The guest can see email addresses in the CC field but not the BCC field.
- Subject: This is the email message subject (visible to guest). In the above message, the subject is Booking Notification - %WC_PROPERTY_NAME%. The code is a special OneRooftop variable that is replaced by the actual value when the email is sent.
- When to Send: Choose when you want the guest to receive this email. Select a time, enter number of days and select Before Check-in, After Check-in, Before Check-out or After Check-out. For example, you would use Before Check-in for a Payment Reminder message and After Check-out for a Thank You message.
8. Choose whether to queue this template to already booked/upcoming reservations.
- The template must be enabled in order to access this feature.
- It will not be added to reservations already in progress, including those that start on the same day.
- This setting is only available when first creating a new message. It is not available if you go back to edit the template at a later date.
9. At the bottom, you have the option to Save your changes or Revert back to the default.