Extra guest fees are commonly used in vacation rentals. For example, a property sleeps up to 10, but charges for each additional guest over 6. Follow these steps to set up an extra guest fee.
- From your property list, click the pencil icon next to the property you wish to edit
- Under the General tab, make sure your property sleeps the max number of guests a traveler can choose at checkout.
- Next, to to Rates tab and scroll down to Fees > click Add Fee
- Edit your fee
- Enter a label, such as Extra Guest Fee
- Choose the type: taxable or non-taxable (taxable is most common)
- Choose flat or percentage
- Enter an amount
- Click Show Advanced Options
- Set as Required (this will only apply to reservations where the guest count exceeds the amount included in the standard rate)
- Charged by guest: Choose how many are included in the standard rate. Any reservation with a guest count higher than what you select here will incur this fee.
- Charged per day: Select yes or no
- Charged by quantity
Important! Leave as no, as you have essentially already done this in the step above (setting a quantity here will result in a fee amount much higher than intended)
- Do not include in Booking.com reservations. (Learn why here.)
- Click Add
Your extra guest fee has been created! It should look something like this: